Getting ruby Tracker to work
I had tried out Tracker recently (a simple bug tracker using sqlite as a backend). Gave errors, and the author reported that it had been a long time
and then he went silent. Today, made a few corrections and its working.
However, it is *very slow*. Each command takes a few seconds to respond. I am on 1.9.
require acts_as_list in environment.rb. You will need to install this gem in addition to active_record.
In the meantime, I had got ditz to work in ruby 1.9 but with *some errors* (using someones fork). So i am not
too keen on it, although i might start using it later. So i have adapted todo.txt (a cute shell script todo list manager) to create bug files. However, using flat files in email header format does limit the ability to do searches for multiple keys. Its like reinventing the wheel with multiple greps. Much better to use sql instead.
todo.txt is great for todo’s but only stores a line per todo, no comments, fixes etc so it can’t be used for tracking bugs. I really should redo this shell-script based bug tracker using ruby thor and highline.